Infectious diseases, also known as communicable diseases, contagious diseases or transmissible diseases comprise clinically evident
illness resulting from the infection presence and growth of pathogenic biological agents in an individual host organism.
Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV) and Hepatitis C are two infectious diseases that require customized pharmaceutical knowledge
to maximize compliance, minimizes complications and helps patients achieve therapeutic success in the most cost-efficient and
clinically effective way possible.
HealthSource Specialty Pharmacy has developed a set of patient focused services that assist patients manage their complex drug therapy.
Patient Focused Services
- Assistance with all insurance issues, including verification of benefits and prior authorization.
- Expert handling of Medicare Parts B and D billing
- Split billing to help manage out-of-pocket costs
- Ability to ship same day locally, and overnight anywhere in the U.S
- Bill insurance for patients in all 50 states
- Refill reminders and wellness checks tailored to the specific disease and drug therapies
- Complete patient educational materials shipped with each prescription
- Multilingual Staff
- Clinical pharmacist support seven days a week
In addition to HIV and Hepatitis C, HealthSource works with infectious disease physicians to ensure
that patients have access to proper medications and support from highly trained pharmacists.
HealthSource stocks an extensive inventory of antimicrobial preparations to help ensure that
patients are able to attain their medications in an outpatient setting. Whether a patient
needs an oral, topical, or injectable antimicrobial medication, our pharmacy stocks a full
ensemble of infectious disease management pharmaceuticals.
- 1302 Second Ave. (at 68th Street) | 212-794-8700
- 1000 First Ave. (at 55th Street) | 212-310-0111
- 120 E 34th St. (between Lexington & Park) | 212-481-6600