Our goal is to provide individualized and compassionate care to each of our patients. HealthSource Specialty Pharmacy works extensively
with physicians and patients dealing with conditions that require an unbiased, supportive and knowledgeable chronic pain management
In addition to commercially available pain medications, HealthSource can compound pain medications in custom doses and formulations
specially targeted to the unique requirements of the patient.
There are many benefits to using compounded medications to treat chronic pain:
- Ease of Delivery - Medications can be compounded into many different forms such as creams or ointments; topical sprays and
powders; lozenges, lollipops, or freezer pops.
- Combine Multiple Medications - We can combine compatible drugs into a single dosage.
- Customized Dosing - We are able to reduce or increase a dosage of a medication or remove a second ingredient like acetaminophen.
- Formulation of a commercially discontinued or unavailable drug - We
can obtain the raw ingredients and compound a similar preparation.
- Removal of unwanted ingredients - We can compound medications without unnecessary additives and preservatives.
We can remove acetaminophen from many products.
Some common formulations of pain medications include:
- Topical NSAIDs (non-steroidal anti-inflammatory)
- Concentrated capsules
- Combination drugs
- Extended release capsules
- Creams and ointments
- Transdermal gels
- Mouth rinses
We invite you to talk to
one our pharmacists to better understand how Healthsource can assist you and your physician
or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1302 Second Ave. (at 68th Street) | 212-794-8700
- 1000 First Ave. (at 55th Street) | 212-310-0111
- 120 E 34th St. (between Lexington & Park) | 212-481-6600